Genomic Health is seeking a home-based contracts manager in the Austin, Texas area. You will be “facilitating and managing” managed care contracts for genomic lab tests adopted into policy by managed care payers, according to the job listing on HealthCareJobSite.
This is a work from home position. However, up to 10% travel is required. Additionally, some lifting may be necessary (up to 75 pounds).
Qualifications (from listing):
* BA/BS required
* 5-10 years contracting experience within the healthcare industry. Payer experience highly desired
* Knowledge of and/or experience with private managed care payers and reimbursement process
* Understanding of market-related issues, contract development, negotiation, and pull through as well as the legal and regulatory implications associated with Private and Government payer contracting
* Strong project management skills
* Effective communication skills, both written and oral
* Collaborative and works effectively as a team member
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to present recommendations supported by analytical evaluations
* Technical proficiency in MS Access, Excel, and Word programs.
If interested in learning more about this telecommute opportunity and applying, please see the original employment listing. Good luck!