Connections Academy is seeking work-at-home English tutors for students in grades 6 through 12. You will manage a virtual classroom online. This is a part-time position beginning the first week of February 2013 and ending June 7, 2013. Required hours are 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Thursday.
Requirements (from job listing):
- BA in English or relevant field or current teaching certification in secondary English
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree or students seeking a secondary English teaching certification are also encouraged to apply
- Experience with online instruction is a plus
- Prior experience as tutor is a plus
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Computer, headphones, microphone, and high-speed access to internet
If interested in this home-based position, please see the job listing. Good luck!