WESTAT is hiring home-based phone data collectors in the United States to collect data on a variety of subjects, such as education, health, the environment, and transportation. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
In Home Requirements (from work-at-home job listing):
- Analog land line phone service
- Not permitted:
- VoIP – such as Magic Jack, Vonage or Skype
- Digital voice – such as bundled cable packages, or Verizon FiOS, Comcast XFinity
- Cell phones
- Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish
- features (e. g. call waiting, voice mail, call forwarding, etc.) must be disabled during working hours
- long distance service is NOT required
- Not permitted:
- A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
- A reliable Windows-based (Windows 7 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed – most current non-beta version
- up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
- regular in-home access to a printer
- a wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 5 mbps download speed
- Connection must be hard-wired with ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- a web cam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate software for home work environment verifications)
- a quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)
Finally, all phone agents must be able to pass a background check prior to hire. Call times are evenings, late evenings, and weekends.
If interested in this work at home opportunity, please see the original home-based employment listing. Good luck!