The Huffington Post is seeking a work-at-home overnight editor to publish content and help update the site’s front page and social media. You must be social media savvy and have an eye for stories that will become viral. You must also be tech savvy and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Hours are 10 PM to 7 AM EST. This position can be based from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Requirements (from job listing):
• 2+ years working in an editorial capacity online
• Deep understanding of and interest in the social web and ideas about how to engage HuffPost’s reader community
• Thorough knowledge of current events and U.S. political news
• A keen sense of how to make stories compelling using images, headlines, and other publishing elements
• Be knowledgeable about the content and headlines typically featured on HuffPost’s front page
• Very strong writing skills, attention to detail, and an eagerness to learn and take risks
• A fixation with viral content and “a finger on the pulse of the internet”
If interested in learning more about this work-from-home opportunity, please see the job listing at Media Bistro. You do have to sign up for an account to see the listing. But it’s free, and MB is a great resource.