Amnet Systems is seeking experienced freelance editors for self-published book-length manuscripts. Candidates who meet the company’s requirements may also have the opportunity to edit manuscripts from academic and other types of publishers.
You will be providing light, medium, and heavy copyedits and developmental edits, depending on the need. Topics vary, but include: business, religion, self-help, memoir, and fiction. All editing will be performed in Microsoft Word using the Track Changes and Comments features.
Requirements (from listing):
- Thorough knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word’s Track Changes feature
- An excellent score on the company’s copyediting test
- Ability to produce thorough edits on short deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt work based on written feedback
- Strong attention to detail and to written directions
- Experience in the self-publishing market or Chicago Manual of Style expertise is preferred.
Compensation will vary based upon manuscript length, turnaround time, and content. You will be given an opportunity to review details about compensation, topic, and deadline before accepting each project.
If interested in this work-at-home opportunity, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “EDITING POSITION” in the subject line. Also, please attach your CV in Word or PDF form. Finally, include a brief cover letter in the body of your correspondence. Good luck!
If you’re interested in more work at home opportunities like this, check out FlexJobs! Every job is screened and legitimate. Guaranteed!